Monday, August 3, 2009

Six Years.

So, Saturday was my sixth wedding anniversary. It is hard to say we did not celebrate in some sense since in July we went to both Berlin and Hamburg, but it was the third year in a row this date passed without actually being together. Literally, half our wedding anniversaries have been spent apart from one another. Being in Prague was a great experience and it would be a perfect place to take someone to celebrate a momentous occasion together, but sadly my wife was sitting in our house trying to piece together our lives in a probably overfull apartment without my help. This task must have been rather challenging and overwhelming, though I have no idea because today she also started back to full time work for the first time in two years. She did an internship last summer for several months, but somehow, to me at least, there is rather a difference between a summer program centered around recruiting you and walking through the buildings of Wall Street into a building where they are hoping to see what you are made of. Anyway, so many changes happened so fast over a rather important weekend and I was on a different continent. There is only one month of this madness left for me now and though I do not know what kind of life and marriage awaits me at this point, just getting on with my life and being there for those I love will be a welcome change.

No comments:

Post a Comment