Friday, August 14, 2009

Banff Pics.

So, I am about to get on the shuttle to Calgary for my last night in Canada. The workshop was quite nice and my talk was well received. Plus, I was surrounded by several friends and colleagues who I really enjoyed seeing. Either before or after meals, I was able to take a short hike to some great places. It is hard to describe the beauty of this place, but hopefully the pictures do it a slight bit of justice. Tomorrow I fly back to Montreal with a fairly long stopover. There is a small chance I will get to visit Old Montreal, which is supposed to be beautiful. In any case, now that my stay here is over, it will be nice to get back to Germany and focus on wrapping up my projects there, getting packed up, saying proper goodbyes to my friends from the past year and any other small orders of business moving to another continent can involve.


















Some general shots of the amazing scenery I saw on many of my walks with a couple small cameos by friends, colleagues, conference organizers and elk. These include Tunnel Mountain, Sulfur Mountain, and the Bow River.

Me at the top of Tunnel Mountain Trail.

My advisor representing well his philosophy that life is good.



Some shots from the top of the Tunnel Mountain trail.

The incredible facilities provided for us here in Banff.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jeremy, Banff is beautiful! I never knew math could lead to such great travel! Was that a deer I saw running down the road?

    Good luck getting packed up...Is it crazy to still hope you'll have time for a visit here before you go?

    ReplyDelete