Saturday, August 8, 2009

Oh Canada.

Well, I am shortly off for my grand week long trip to Banff. Surely it is gorgeous there this time of year and the meeting promises to be a good one, but I could live without this trip since I am taking another jump across the pond in 3 weeks.

Today is also the wedding day of my good friends D and D, who really helped me survive my first few months in Bonn. And when I say survive I mean both in the sense that they were good friends with whom I could spend time during a very lonely transition period AND in that they physically bought me a winter hat because I was not properly equipped to deal with the cold when it arrived here in full force. I wish I could be there with them today but unfortunately will be landing in Vancouver around the time they are breaking the glass. Hopefully they have a great day and enjoy seeing most of their good friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels, friend. My mother traveled to Banff this time last year and said it was beautiful. Although she traveled by train and was fairly sick of being on it by the time she arrived, so that might have colored her perception somewhat.

    ReplyDelete