Sunday, June 14, 2009

Some Paris Pics.

So, this weekend I have settled into my small studio apartment, had two pretty good dinners, been shopping in the local markets, walked through the Museum D'Orsay, worked and caught up with several old friends.

The museum was truly amazing, but going by myself was rather lonely. First of all, art is usually designed to connect to some base human emotion, ranging from desire to disgust, and sometimes perhaps combinations thereof. I actually quite like discussing and sharing how someone else's response to various pieces might differ or enhance my own. Second of all, the main population of museum patrons in Paris during the month of June and vacationing families and couples.

Here are some pics from a few of those experiences. Tomorrow I am off to actually get my office and become an official IHP visitor. Perhaps a few more pictures will be included.

My apartment at the Villa Louis Pasteur.

The courtyard below my window.


Various views around dusk from the window of my apartment.


Scenes from my walk to the Museum D'Orsay. The highlights are of course the Seine, part of the Louvre, the Institute of France, the big clock at the museum and the Pantheon.

The seemingly very famous and rather ornate clock inside the Museum.

Some (but definitely all) of the both widely known and perhaps slightly obscure pieces I found particularly striking.

A few shots from the open air veranda at the Museum.

1 comment: