Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just Another Day.

So, my wife turned 29 today. She said it seemed like just another day. For me, it is another significant day spent apart. By the time this whole experiment is over, I will have missed three anniversaries, two of her birthdays, three of my birthdays, three of Mindy's birthdays, plus several holidays including but not limited to Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Easter, and Valentine's Day, etc.

Since she spent all yesterday packing all of our things to move into storage for the summer, perhaps she appreciated that today simply allowed her time to rest. However, I personally am tired of missing the big days, the little days and everything in between. Sometimes you just want the chance to be there for someone when it matters and when it does not necessarily. Looking back on this time, I would certainly appreciate more of both.

Speaking of packing up our whole apartment, it is rather odd to know while I finish my next three months in Europe, my whole house will have moved to some location in New York City, where I will actually be living again in September. To be honest, I want to be emotional that a particular chapter in our lives is over, though I guess three months feels far from over. In addition, my life has been so transient this last two years anyway, it is hard to feel connected to that particular apartment, this particular move and even this particular moment in time.

Hopefully in the morning I will get my form signed by the Apostille and to UPS in order to arrive Thursday morning to facilitate the selling of our car. This has been such a hassle, I have not really considered the implications of the form actually working. Saying goodbye to a past life used to be hard, but change has become such a dominant force in my life, honestly I believe none of this will really register until I have a home again.

Anyway, if we communicated about such things, my wife might be feeling a bit more stress about her whole life moving in a new direction and being on the front lines of such change. However, we do not really talk about such things, so her 29th birthday has come and gone without much fanfare or celebration, with our whole life together packed up in a truck and the next two months wildly unplanned and open. For me, I would be happy simply to share in this time of uncertainty and freedom, to be there to help shoulder some of the load, calm down the dog, and take the time to get to know each other again ... whatever that might mean.

1 comment:

  1. My best wishes is with you definitly you will get the signed form by the Apostille.

    Code is - Legal advice forum   

    ReplyDelete