Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

So, I just finished David Sedaris' collection of essays. It was a delightfully funny book, at times dark, but full of amazing insights and observations as well as capturing the absurdity and familiarity that comes with being part of any family. Admittedly, the Sedaris family sounds more interesting than most, but there is still something rather accessible about the way they argue, share, avoid and/or confront one another. If you want a look into the South, plus a glimpse at being slightly different when trying to fit in there, I highly recommend this book. Not to mention, if you ever felt awkward or out of place in your youth or otherwise, you realize you are not alone by reading the remarkably honest personal stories he is willing to share.

Plus, the title reminds me, I really need to get a pair of corduroy pants if I am to fit in as a professor next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment