Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Garlic O'Plenty

Tonight I had a late meeting, so around 7 PM I left my office to run over to a friend's house for dinner. I arrived shortly before he returned from the market with some beautiful tomatoes, garlic, basil, onion, zucchini and pasta. It turned out, I assisted him in the cooking process. As I spent the evening chopping, tasting, experimenting, adjusting and tweaking, it occurred to me just how much I actually miss cooking ... both for myself and for others. Feeding people used to be a major part of my evening plans, but for the last two years I have hardly had the chance to cook for anyone. In the last year, I have hardly done any real cooking at all since I only have a hot plate and a mini fridge. Anyway, the tastes of good wine and garlic are still lingering on my tongue, plus cooking with the windows open to enjoy the beautiful evening air was a great pleasure. My how I love Paris in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Paris sounds amazing, but when are you coming to Sicily?

    ReplyDelete