Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The End of the Rainbow

So, even though I know many more devout observers of St. Patrick's Day than myself, I did somewhat miss the festivity of this pseudo-holiday. Perhaps it is that I am part Irish, but I do believe there is something in the hope of a pinch from a bonny lass, the promise of a couple beers and beer related songs with friends, and generally a smile on everyone's face. I know you sticklers out there will tell me bonny lass is a Scottish phrase, but it is the best I can do. After all, any foreign accent I try to emulate winds up deteriorating into a poor excuse for an abrupt Scot. Anyway, I hope you all had a pleasant evening and if anything used the day as an excuse to end your evening with an exquisite, frothy beverage of the highest quality from somewhere near the Emerald Isle. My personal favorite is Belhaven, though again I recognize this is Scottish. Man, I am really quite a traitor to my heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment