Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chronic Dissatisfaction

So, the sun is out today and the temperatures are just slightly below cool but right above cold. In other words, it is a rather nice day outside. Rather than causing the elation I felt a day like this would bring, it is having the reverse effect. Today is a day I would like to share, so experiencing it alone is rather disappointing. At some point I assume the jolt in Vitamin D will kick in, causing my brain to finally release all kinds of wonderful chemicals that will serve to alter my mood for the better. However, right now the brightness of the day is being overshadowed by the darkness of my disposition.

Of course, even if someone were here to share this day with me, having not traveled with me on the journey there would still be a disconnect between us. I suppose that is the difficulty of a solitary endeavor. In the end, people can see only how far you have come, not the path you took to get there. And at least for me, the path usually turns out to be more meaningful than the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment