Friday, July 24, 2009

HP6.

So, on Amber's last night we had the German delicacy known as spaghetti ice cream, then went to see the new Harry Potter. Since we arrived a bit early for the show, we grabbed a little Haribo candy and popcorn, which it turns out they sugar rather than salt here in Germany. Anyway, we found our assigned seats after being displaced by someone who had purchased the choice seats we had chosen to occupy and settled in for the show.

Though of course I do love all things Potter, I must say I expected more from this movie. I did enjoy it, but not as much as the movies for HP3 and HP5. It was better than HP4, though with some of the same problems. It did however make me want to see the next two movies even more and slightly satisfied my appetite for new Potter material. As Matty from Filmspotting really enjoyed it, I definitely need to see it again since the anticipation and expectations set up by the last movie and the delayed release may have impacted my first viewing experience. In any case, I will definitely be re-reading the 6th book sometime soon to jog my memory about a lot of the plot subtleties and tiny details lost in translation to the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment