Sunday, May 24, 2009

Photos from the Hike in Theoule

My colleague CG who invited me to Nice took me on a hike Thursday because it was a holiday in Nice. Though I did not really know what I was getting into, the five hour walk was rather nice, it ended with a cold beer by the water, and involved a dip in the Mediterranean before getting back on the train. See the pictures attached.

A peak of reddish, volcanic rocks in the distance.

CG sporting his hat from this years at ANU.

A view of the sea near Theoule.

Another view of the sea.

An actual picture of me in Europe!!

A closer view of the red rocks.

Getting near the top of our walk.

The haze made it hard to see the snowy Alps in the background.

Another view from one of the peaks we crossed.

The sea.

The beach had smaller rocks than those in Nice, but rocks nonetheless.
The sea from a distance.

Almost to the pub.

The bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment