Saturday, May 16, 2009

On the road again...

So, I know I have been lax on my blogging, but it has been kind of a crazy 3 weeks or so for me. In that time, I have attended my wife's MBA graduation, posted 2 papers and started a new one, seen the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, eaten raw oysters on vacation in Georgia and vegetarian burritos during a conference break in San Francisco, met a host of new people who have been a huge part of my wife's life for two years, seen some very old and dear friends who were a huge part of my past life, developed a somewhat severe cold and faced directly the pain and realities of the past two years of traveling on my relationship and personality.



It has been incredibly exhausting, but, most likely slowly over the course of the next few weeks, I will write about all the experiences I had on this trip. For now, I am glad to be on the last leg of this journey in my life, having taken the transatlantic flight one last time to finally come home in September. Being back in Germany has a sense of familiarity and comfort to it at this point, but now that both my wife and parents have been here there are also ghosts of the life to which I need and want to return after all of this. On one hand, I am glad not to have lost all my German, but on another hand, it is hard to be back here where I feel so alone. At least my infection is finally breaking loose today, so I was able to take a walk, get a bit of sun and go to the bookstore, one of the activities I always find most calming.

No comments:

Post a Comment