Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nice Family Reunion.

So, my internet connection in the hotel is a bit slow, meaning pictures will have to come later, but last night I had a lovely family dinner with my relatives in Nice and the friend who invited me here named C. There was as required at any Marzuola gathering more delicious food than one could possibly consume, a great deal of laughter and a generous amount of wine. Seeing those I had met almost 9 years ago was enjoyable, especially since they had some pictures I had not seen to remind me of just how great a time that truly was. Plus, I met some new relatives who had been on holiday last time I visited.

Today, since the University is closed, C and I will be headed for a hike and possibly a swim just up the coast from nice in a place with supposedly beautiful red colored stones, white beaches and the deep blue of the Mediterranean. Should be a lovely place to talk about math.

1 comment: