Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Brief Note.

Tomorrow I fly to the states for my two week long adventure. I will spend one week working in Berkeley and one week probably not doing much work at all in Durham for Amber's graduation from Business School. So, tonight I will be packing and working like mad to get some stuff sent off before I am off the grid flying all day tomorrow.

I did quickly want to mention that last night I rented Rachel Getting Married on iTunes. If you have not seen this film yet, check it out. I really think it is probably my favorite of last year. True, I have not seen the Wrestler and do have a thing for Anne Hathaway, which helps. Although, this one definitely stands on its own. It is dark yet sentimental, over the top yet totally realistic, painful but beautiful. I just hope my visit home is a bit less dramatic.

On a side note, I am about half way through Herzog by Saul Bellow these days. My slow pace should not say anything negative about the quality of the work, but is more in fact a glowing recommendation. This book speaks to me in ways that are a bit too intense at times, hence I am not always willing to pick it up at the end of a long day. Work has been pretty intense lately as well, which does not help. My hope is that all the time on a plane will help me push through and finish it up soon, as I am definitely looking forward to doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment