Thursday, October 15, 2009

In One Week.

I am already getting very excited about my cousin from Berkeley coming to check out the Columbia and Yale Engineering schools next week. First of all, have just lost her second grandparent in one year, I want to see how she is and spend some time with her. Second of all, I really hope she comes our way for college. Her parents were especially generous to me in graduate school, but besides returning the favor, I just think it would be great fun to have her in New York. I teach in the same school she would attend, so we could have lunch once in a while, Amber and I could treat her and her friends to some non-college food from time to time, once in a while we could catch a show, plus she could come over to enjoy some regular home life and do laundry. It would be nice to get to be there for her the way her parents were for me. Plus, we miss her and her family terribly after the years we spent together in Berkeley, so having her close would keep them close too. Of course, she needs to pick the school that will give her the best chance for success, but hopefully that will be relatively near us ... if not in the same building. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment