Wednesday, January 21, 2009

30 Rock

After having been told by someone I find very funny to try out 30 Rock, I am finally starting to download an episode here and there from iTunes. Though it is not yet my favorite show of all time, it is rather hilarious. There is something I find rather comforting about the shear absurdity of some of the jokes. The pace, randomness, self-deprecating tone and pop-culture references seem to give me a glimpse into Tina Fey's mind, which has remarkable overlap with my own. Also, Alec Baldwin was born to play the role of the overbearing GE executive. To be totally fair, the first couple of episodes seemed a bit awkward, but by the third or fourth the cast had already hit its stride. I would certainly recommend it to friends with a taste for comedy that comes with a hint of absurdity and a dash of self-loathing. Sounds like a great recipe to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment